Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Lost in KL

Yep, my title says it all.

9th May 2014, was a supposedly good day.
Had some minor argument with the boyfie so I decided to go out and meet Rabbit and Mee Lai to release some tension.

We decided to meet at Mid Valley around 3pm and it was my first time driving out at that distance.
So I told mum and she asked me to use Federal Highway and some flyover road which would be a U turn and lead me to MV. And she told me its the first flyover after passing by MV.

I was a little doubtful because usually my dad uses a normal U turn on the left side before passing MV and there's no flyovers used. I followed her instruction anyhow.

I left home at 2pm and used the flyover she mentioned. And holy shit, there's no U turns and only a straight highway which leads me to Damansara. So I passed by like 3 tolls and I saw Tropicana City Mall. I continued straight because there's no fking U turns and I reached TTDI.

Where the heck am I, I don't know. And at this time, Waze and GPS failed me badly because there's no signals. Then I was turning and looking for signboards there's nothing close to Bangsar. There's only Ipoh, Kuantan etc.

I was like okay keep calm, I can do this. I continued driving and reached some housing area. Had stopped by to ask for some pisang goreng seller for directions and they told me I'm in Bandar Utama now wtf. They weren't quite sure either how to go MV so I kept driving and driving till I reached another highway.

I continued straight and then Paradigm Mall was on my right. I knew I'm close to Kelana Jaya and hell yes, I was right cause I passed Kelana Jaya LRT station too. There's no other roads that lead me back to KL or Bangsar. All the signboards show Taylors, Sunway Pyramid.

And yes, I broke into tears as I'm all alone and don't know what to do. Then I kept driving and reached Petaling KTM station. I was like wtf I'm gonna park here and take KTM to MV instead. But after thinking on how to go back home at night, then I thought better not. I was leading to Petaling Jaya that time and I called my dad. He panicked as well because he don't know how to lead me back since I have no landmarks around me and I'm on a highway which I cannot stop. He asked me to look for petrol station nearby and ask help from taxis to lead me to Mid Valley and pay them.

Dad : Why you go follow mummy advice? You also know she's not good with roads.
Me  : She sounded macam yes and said she got more experience than me. Of course I followed
Dad : Next time if want ask for directions in KL, ask me not her


Not long later my mum called


Mum : You got lost ah? Where are you now?
Me    : I don't know where am I either
Mum : *heard me crying* hahahahaha you crying ah?
Me    : Thanks to your advice, I got lost
Mum : Hahah you also very naive, I say what you really follow
Me    : *DAFUQ* If not how?!

I was pissed.

Thank God I found Petronas and I asked the cashier how to go Mid Valley as there's no taxi at the time. And thank God again, there's this old Indian man who was paying for his snack told me to follow his car from the back because he's going to passby the highway which leads to Old Klang Road. He say will lead me to the road toward OKR and he will use another way to go to his destination. I put my trust in him and said thank you. We drove and he did lead me to the road towards OKR and signalling me that he have to go separate ways, I handsigned thank you to him again and I'm all on my own for another time.


It was a bad day. As I was going through the way, the road got separated into 2 and I'm in a dilemma on which to choose. In the end I chose the one that leads to National Stadium aka Bukit Jalil (I thought it will be near). And luckily I continued and saw Kinrara. Dad called me many times to ask me where am I and I said at Kinrara. He say I'm near to Mid Valley already and I was like yay THANK YOUUUU. I saw Old Klang Road signboard and continued


And shit happens, I followed the signboard to OKR and it lead me to another housing area and there's no further signboard on where Old Klang Road is nor Bangsar. I had to ask for directions again from those roadside food seller. In the end, a Malay courier guy helped to lead me yet again and we separated after because he's going another way. And I relied on my luck, follow by my instincts and managed to saw Bangsar signboard *tears of joy*

Bangsar LRT was on my right, so I made a U turn and managed to reach MV in no time *even more tears of joy* By the time I reached and found my parking, it was already raining heavily and it was 5.20pm which means I drove for more than 3 hours =.=  

Talked about my bad day to my friends and they're laughing hysterically.
Yep that's FRIENDS.

So when it was around 8 or 9 I decided to go home. But I am really afraid that I will lost again. Asked boyfie how to back and so ngam, he was in MV as well with his friend. He followed my car home and to be honest, I wasn't over yet with the argument earlier in the morning lol but I needed his help so I forget it.

And yep, got a surprise kiss and that definitely melted me away :P
My day was topped with cherry and I thought it ended.


HELL NEVER WAS I WRONG.
Got home and decide to bath after such long day. When closing the door, saw a stupid lizard on the wall, That scared the heck out of me since I hated lizards. =.=

K this is a long post.
GTG BB


No comments:

Post a Comment